Welcome to the PTA website for Jie Ming Mandarin Immersion Academy. Jie Ming is a Saint Paul public school that offers K-5 mandarin immersion and a rigorous STEM based curriculum. The Jie Ming PTA is a non-profit organization dedicated to supporting the educational mission of Jie Ming.
Chinese New Year performance rescheduled for Friday, February 15
Our Chinese New Year performance is rescheduled for Friday February 15 from 6:30 to 8:30 pm. More info can be found at our Chinese New Year page, including details on logistics of the event and what to expect.
What you need to do to prepare:
- Add it to your calendar, and review the event details on our Chinese New Year page
- If you are a volunteer, confirm that you can still do your shift. If not, withdraw on Konstella or email Joanne at firstname.lastname@example.org ASAP
- If you haven't signed up to volunteer, we need you! Please review the list of volunteer needs at https://www.konstella.com/cd/CBlyAu
News / Events
Check out the Dec 2018 / Jan 2019 PTA Newsletter. We've made some updates that should make it easier to navigate on whichever device you're using (links and a table of contents!)
Zero Waste School update
Great strides have been made so far at making our school a Zero Waste Pilot School.
- The kids are doing great and learning to be zero-waste recycling champions. They learned from Michael Recycle (Michael Stoick) that if an average American family goes from high-waste to zero-waste it has the same energy and environmental impact as reducing single-family electricity consumption by 70%. Also, recycling just one aluminum can saves enough energy to power the LED lights in their room for 20 hours.
- Being a zero-waste pilot school doesn't mean that we are 100% zero trash. It simply means that if at all possible we don't don't use or buy high-waste items and we don't waste any opportunity to compost and recycle.
- Jie Ming has reduced our trash pick-up from twice-a-week to once-a-week, saving the school almost $200/month. And the garbage dumpster is still less than half full! We are hoping to go down to every-other-week pick-up to save the school even more.
Thanks to everyone on the zero-waste committee and the handful of dedicated volunteers that help come in to help the Kindergartners sort their breakfast items a couple times a week.